Laurie Santos, a professor of psychology and cognitive science at Yale University in the United States, said, “It has been shown in science that consciousness is needed to be happy. This is not an easy task, so it will take time.” But he might know what to do to be happy? Because he teaches about ‘psychology and beautiful life’.
Yale University’s 316-year history Laurie Santos is the most popular teacher among the varsity students.
The number of students is around 1,200. This is a record in the history of the university.
Professor Santos conducted this course based on positive psychology. It is a branch of psychology that is taught about happiness and behavioral changes. How can we apply these principles in our everyday life?
“Being happy does not mean that it is done automatically. You need to do practice to be happy” – said Professor Santos – “It’s like being a good music artist or an athlete, you have to do practice as well to become happy.”
You want to be happy but the problem is you can not be admitted to Yale University? Here are five tips are given by him. You can try to practice.
1. Make a list of gratitude: Prof. Santos told his students to make a list of those who are grateful to everyone or things they are grateful every night. It may seem very easy to hear, but we find that students who do it regularly they feel happy.
2. Try to sleep more and safely: Can you sleep for 8 hours every night? This seems to be the easiest to do, but it is very difficult to do this, he said. The challenge here is to sleep for eight hours every night. And this work has to be done for a week. We all know that- there is less chance of depression if you can sleep more and safely. This creates a positive attitude.
3. Meditate: Your job will be to meditate 10 minutes every day. Professor Santos said that when he was a student, he regularly meditated and saw that he was good at doing it. Now he is teaching his students how to meditate. He said that it is necessary to pay attention to do such work which can help people to be happy.
4. Spend more time with family and friends: Professor Santos said that a clear case has been found in the study – you will be happy if you have a good time with family and friends. If you have a good friendship and have social connections directly in touch with them, you’ll feel significantly better.
Not only that, Santos said, “Just make sure that you are alive at this time, think that you are sitting together at the present time and be a little careful about how you are spending your time. Your idea of time is very important for you to become happy. We often calculate our assets by how much money we have. But the study found that the resources are related to how long we have been in our possession.
5. Go through physical communication instead of social media: Prof. Santos thinks that the ideas that lie about happiness from social media should not believe all. Stay away from social media to be happy. Those who use the social network like Instagram, those who are less happy than those who do not use it too much.
If you really want to be happy in life, then start to become grateful, spend more time with family, associate with friends, get away from everything for a while at a time for meditation, try to get away from social media and sleep a little more.
If this works for Yale’s students, these suggestions will definitely work for you.
Share the article on your social profiles.